Friday, June 6, 2008

all roads lead to the deadlift

Couldn't get the 28kg up in a snatch reliably. The 24kg is getting easier, which is a good prelude.

After weeks (ok ... that many weeks should really be measured in months) of working on deadlift form, and trying to stop rounding my back in all sorts of ridiculous ways, we're back at it with a vengeance. I've been passing the hours at work lately sitting in my chair, squinting at my monitor, alternately straightening and rounding my back, muttering to myself "good form, bad form, good form, bad form". Sounds dumb, but seems to be working. I can now feel the difference without having to look at myself sideways and backwards in the mirror (and completely messing up other form elements in the process) to be able to feel and know what is going on.

I've got pretty good form on the way up, and acceptable (though not perfect) on the way down.

Today 245 went up without any real major issue ... no complaints here ... onward and upward.

No comments: